My experience within my trade has been wide and varied, taking me across Europe from originated in The Netherlands to Ireland and I have been living in the UK since 2006 and I am based in London.
I am someone with integrity, tenacity, flexibility, creativity and possess a hunger for exploring new ideas and working methods. I am customer focused and driven, highly self-motivated and happy to rise to a challenge. I am passionate about my trade.
A meat professional, meat lover, most of all carnivore and protagonist of nose to tail butchery.
My Monday to Friday job is Sales Manager at GVFI Europe B.V. supplying meat primarily into whole salers, retailers, suppliers to the food service sector and industrial processors. I am a great advocate of 'secondary' cuts on the menu and would like to see more variety on the menu in restaurants, bars and hotels.
Please understand that I run OrangeButcher Ltd alongside my full time job, this is my part time job and a 'hobby'!
I do some work on evenings and during weekends or holidays. It is a huge passion to help people in the meat industry or just to provide my services.
OrangeButcher Ltd can offer a variety of fresh meat consultancy worldwide specializing in;
· Continental style seaming butchery
(Young Butcher of the Year 1996, SVO Utrecht, The Netherlands)
· Butchery demonstrations at events and BBQ festivals with possibility to include cooking and tasting experiences
· Yield Improvement/ costings on whole carcasses or primal cuts
(Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken & Game)
· Assist with Menu Development and fresh meat consultancy for (steak) Restaurants
· Dry aged beef versus vacuum packed beef
· Proud sponsor, trainer and seam butchery tutor of the UK team for the International Young Butcher Competition (IYBC) organised by the NFMFT.
Providing detailed experience and assistance in the following areas;
· Tuition of high spec butchery
(Guest lecturer: Animal Production, Meat Processing & Quality at Harper Adams University, Newport, Shropshire, UK)
· New Product Development on fresh meat products and sausages.
(OrangeButcher Ltd has a database with thousands of recipies and ideas for added value products and new ways of cutting)
· Assist with development and delivery of Butchery Courses and Classes
· A Meat Diligence Manual with training cards and traceability